Need a gift for that special diver in your life? You may think diving-related gifts always break the bank, but here's a list of mostly inexpensive ideas. Some of these can be extremely handy gadgets for a diver, even if she would never think to buy it for herself.
- Retractors, clips, etc. - These little guys can be immensely useful.
- Fancy dive log - Is your partner crazy about maintaining a meticulous log book? Maybe one of these is for him.
- Spring fin straps - These things are great for slipping open-heeled fins on and off easily.
- Mask cover - We've talked about how [awesome these things are].
- Noisemakers - Get a pair of these, one for each of you. Check out your options at our article on noisemakers for scuba divers.
- Dive knife - Depending on where they dive, a knife could be useful. Nothing says I love you like weaponry.
- Dive bag - A very practical gift, since we all have to haul our luggage around somehow.
- Spare parts kit - Especially good for the tinkerer.
- Dive light - Not the cheapest gift, but good if your significant other enjoys night diving, and always has to rent a light.
What are your clever gift ideas for scuba divers?