I came across this article about what entrepreneurs can learn from scuba diving. The article points you to a 128-page PDF document called "The Scuba Sutras", written by Guhesh Ramanathan. Ramanathan is a diver and businessman who has written up ten business lessons that parallel the sea.
The ten lessons are:
- I will never dive without a check.
- I will maintain neutral buoyancy.
- I will enjoy the dive, not just the fish.
- I will be a good buddy.
- I will not confuse expertise with certificates.
- I will respect the currents around me.
- I will remember that trigger fish can be more dangerous than sharks.
- I will remember my 50 bar limit.
- I will pass on my enthusiasm to a non-diver.
- I will remember there is always another ocean to dive.
The document appears to be written by a non-native speaker, so some of it reads a little awkward. Nevertheless, there is some interesting stuff here for divers and entrepreneurs alike.
You can find the PDF document here, or at the bottom of the short article.